To get started, you need to provide access to your Amazon Advertising account.
Permissions will allow Advigator to::
- Download advertising reports every day to analyze performance
- Adjust offers per click
- Create or change our advertising campaigns
Advigator connects to your account via "Amazon Advertising API", a security protocol based on Oauth that does not need to share your password. Similar to "Login with Google" or "Login with Facebook".
Other software may have asked to enter third-party developer credentials (or MWS authorization token). In our case, as we only manage advertising campaigns, we need another type of authorization. However, we will also use the MWS authorization but only to import catalog data if we do not find it from the advertising reports.
To connect your Amazon account, click on Login with Amazon and grant the authorization for advertising permissions.
Then the configuration process will start. It may take up to a few hours, depending on the size of the account. You can close the site, and you will receive an email notification when completed.
If you have multiple advertising profiles, because, for example, you are both Seller and Vendor, then you will see them both in the list.
If you have more than one seller/vendor account, you can manage them with a single Advigator user. To do this, you must re-connect the Amazon account, being careful when you are redirected to the Amazon page to enter the credentials of the new account.
If instead you manage the advertising accounts of multiple sellers (e.g., you are an agency, account manager or remote assistant) and you want to manage them with a single Seller Central account, then:
- Invite from "Account 1" a new secondary user (firstname.lastname@example.org) and assign advertising permissions after the confirmation email from Amazon
- Repeat the step for each Account you manage
- If successful, when you enter in Seller Central with email@example.com, at the top of the page, you will see a dropdown menu with all the accounts from which you have been invited
- Go to Advigator and Login with Amazon by connecting with the invited address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
If, on the other hand, you manage multiple regions (e.g., EU and NA) with a single Amazon Advertising account you may not see them distinct in Advigator. This is due to a technical problem with "Login with Amazon".
Amazon support recommends this to solve:
- Go to the EU region and invite a secondary user (email@example.com)
- Go to the NA region and invite a secondary user (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Log into the Amazon Advertising Console via user-eu@email and go to the Advigator for synchronization
- Log into the Amazon Advertising Console via user-na@email and go to the Advigator for synchronization